Shashankalekhadi choorna – Ingredients, Uses and Dosage
Shashankalekhadi choorna or Sasankalekhadi churna is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. It is used in treating chronic and difficult skin diseases. It is advised to take along with oil.
Ingredients of Shashankalekhadi choorna
- Shashanka lekha/Bakuchi (Cullen corylifolium)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Hutashamoola/Chitraka moola (root of Plumbago zeylanica)
- Ayomala (Iron flax)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
Method of preparation
All the ingredients are powdered and taken in equal quantities and powdered and mixed together and stored for use.
Indication of Shashankalekhadi choorna
- Kushtaani Kruchrani Nihanti (cures skin diseases even that which are difficult to cure)
Mode of Use, Dosage, and Benefits
Shashankalekhadi choorna is consumed by mixing it with oil and has to be licked cures skin diseases even that which are difficult to cure.
In general, it is advised 3 to 12 gms once or twice daily or as advised by the physician.
- Astanga Hrudaya Chikitsa sthana – 19/46