Akshabeejadi Gulika or Akshabeejadi Vati is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of a tablet. It is used in treating eye disorders. The tablet is ground with various liquids like water, breastmilk etc…and made a paste. This paste is applied over the eye as a collyrium (Anjana).
Ingredients of Akshabeejadi Gulika
- Akshabeeja (seed of Terminalia bellirica) – 1 part
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) – 1 part
- Amalaka (Emblica Officinalis) – 1 part
- Twak (bark of Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – 1 part
- Tutha (copper sulfate) – 1 part
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 1 part
- Jala (water) – Q.S
Preparation of Akshabeejadi Gulika
All the ingredients are taken in equal quantity and powdered. Tutha has to be purified and then has to be used. All the powders are mixed together and ground adding water to make a thick paste. Then the long and thin pills are rolled and dried in shade. Once they are dried can be stored for use.
Indication of Akshabeejadi Gulika
- Timira (a variety of eye disorder)
Mode of use, dosage, and Adjuvant:
Akshabeejadi Gulika is used as an external application over the eye by making it a paste. The tablet can be made a paste using water or any suitable adjuvant like breast milk.
- Ashtanga Hrudaya Uttara sthana, timira pratishedha adhyaya, 13/43