Akarakarabhadi Gulika – Ingredients, Uses and Dosage
Akarakarabhadi Gulika or Akarakarabhadi Tablet is an Ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of tablet. It is used in treating premature ejaculation.
Ingredients of Akarakarabhadi Gulika
- Chandana (Santalum album) – 0.016g
- Jatikosha (Myristica fragrens – Nutmeg) – 0.016g
- Pippali (Piper longum) -0.016g
- Ahiphena (Papaver somniferum) – 0.063g
- Shunti (Zingiber offinale) – 0.016g
- Hingula (Cinnabar) – 0.004g
- Jatiphala (Myristica fragrens – Mace) – 0.016g
- Kumkuma (Crocus sativus) – 0.016g
- Gandhaka (Sulphur) -0.004g
- Lavanga (Cinnamomum verum) – 0.016g
- Akarakarabha (Anacyclus pyrethrum) – 0.016g
- Nagavalli swarara (fresh juice of Piper betel) – Quantity sufficient
Preparation of Akarakarabhadi Gulika
All the ingredients are taken in specified quantity. The drugs which are intended to undergo purification has to be purified according to the purificatory procedures explained in the texts. Then all the ingredients are made powder and mixed together. The mixed powder then made paste by using the juice of beetle leaves. Then the paste is rolled out as pills are allowed to dry stored for use.
Indications of Akarakarabhadi Gulika
- Shigra Skalana (Premature ejaculation)
Mode of use, Dosage and Adjuvant
In general it is advised 1 to 3 tabs per day as directed by the physician.Tablets can be swallowed as per the dose prescribed. Akarakarabhadi Gulikas are for internal use may be mixed with lukewarm water or any other prescribed drava dravya (liquid material) or any suitable adjuvant.
- Yoga Grantham