Jatimukuladi Varti – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Jatimukuladi Varti is an ayurvedic medicine preperation in the form of varti (wick shaped elongated with tapering ends). They are used as an external application in various eye diseases like swelling and itching.
Ingredients of Jatimukuladi Varti
- Jati (Jasminum grandiflorum) – 1 part
- Sindhutha/Saindhava (rock salt) – 1 part
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) – 1 part
- Mmahaushadha (Zingiber officinale) – 1 part
- Prasanna (fermented preparation) – Q.S
Preparation of Jatimukuladi Varti
All the ingredients are taken in equal quantities and made into powder. Then all the powders are mixed together and triturated adding Prasanna. Once the mixture is triturated well and attains the semisolid state the varti’s are rolled out. The prepared varti’s are dried in the shade and then stored for use.
Indications of Jatimukuladi Varti
- Shopha (swelling/inflammation)
- Kandu (itching)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvants
It is used as an external application in eye diseases. It is rubbed with breastmilk (stanya), honey (Madhu), or as advised by the physician.
- Ashtanga Hrudaya Uttarasthana, sandhi sitaasita rogapratishedha Adhyaya – 11/9