Ulpala Choornam – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Ulpala Choornam or Ulpala Churnam is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. It is used in treating hair fall as it promotes hair growth. It is used as an external application to the scalp.
Ingredients of Ulpala Choornam
- Mamsi/Jatamansi (Nardostaychs jatamansi)
- Kushta (Saussurea costus)
- Tila (Sesamum indicum)
- Krishna/Pippali (Piper longum)
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Neelotpala (Nymphaea stellate)
Preparation of Ulpala Choornam
All the ingredients are taken and made powder. Then all powders are taken together and mixed and stored for use.
Indications of Ulpala Choornam
- Kesha Samvardhanam Param (improves hair growth)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvant
Ulpala Choornam is used as an external application to the scalp. The powder has to be mixed with milk and honey to prepare the paste and apply to the scalp and wash it after 15 to 30 mins.
- Astanga Hrudaya Uttara Stana 24/41