Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna or Vacha yashtyahwadi Churna is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. It is used in treating speech disorders in children and acts as brain tonic (medhya rasayana).
Ingredients of Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – 1 part
- Yashtyahva (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 1 part
- Saindhava (Rock salt) – 1 part
- Pathya/Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) – 1 part
- Nagara/Shunti (Zingiber officinale) – 1 part
- Dipyaka (Trachyspermum ammi) – 1 part
- Kushta (Sauserrea lappa) – 1 part
- Kana/Pippali (Piper Longum) – 1 part
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) – 1 part
Preparation of Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna
All the ingredients are taken separately and crushed to make powders. The all the powders are taken in equal quantity mixed together and stored for use.
Indications of Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna
- Vak Shuddi (purifies the speech)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvant :
The powder is mixed with honey and ghee and licked.
General pediatric dosage is 1 to 3 gms per day or as directed by the physician.
Ghee made out of the churna of these ingredients is useful in improving or purifying the speech of the newborn.
- Astanga Hrudaya Uttara Tantra – Balopacharaniya Adhyaya – 1/49
Also, read Saraswata Choornam, Saraswatharishtam
2 thoughts on “Vacha yashtyahwadi Choorna”
Good information very useful
Thank you, Rajesh Nadamwar for finding it useful for you. We appreciate you for taking the time to write in your busy schedule.