Dooshivishari Gulika – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Dooshivishari Gulika is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of a tablet/pill. It is used in treating various poisons and their complications, infections, insect bites, etc…It is frequently prescribed by Ayurveda physicians as well as traditional Vaidyas of Kerala in day to day life in the management of various skin ailments and other allergic conditions.
Synonyms: Dooshivishari Tablet, Dooshivishari Agada, Dushivishari Gulika
Ingredients of Dooshivishari Gulika
- Pippali ( Piper longum) – 1 part
- Dhayamaka (Cymbopogon martini) – 1 part
- Mamsi/Jatamamsi ( Nardostachys jatamansi) – 1 part
- Rodhra/lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) – 1 part
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) – 1 part
- Suvarchika (Salt petre) – 1 part
- Kutannatam (Oroxylum indicum) – 1 part
- Natha (Valeriana wallichi) – 1 part
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa) – 1 part
- Yasthi/Yasthimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 1 part
- Chandana (Santalum album) – 1 part
- Gairika (Red ochre) – 1 part
Preparation of Dooshivishari Gulika
All the ingredients are taken and made into a fine powder separately. Then the powders are sieved through a cloth individually. The fine powders collected after sieving are taken in equal quantity and mixed with water. Then this mixture is triturated until it attains the desired consistency. Then the pills are rolled out of the paste and dried in shade. Once the pills are dried can be stored and used.
Indications of Dooshivishari Gulika
- Dooshi visha (Dooshivisha is a low potent poisonous substance that resides in the body and vitiates dhatus when favorable conditions occur)
- Anya Visha (other poisonings)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvants
Dooshivishari Gulika has advised generally as 1 to 2 tablets once or twice daily or as directed by the physician.
As there are no specific adjuvants are mentioned it can be taken along with warm water or with suitable decoctions.
- Astanga Hrudaya Uttara Stana Visha pratisheda Adhyaya – 35/39