Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika or Chukkumthippalyadi Vati is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of a pill. It is used in treating sannipataja jwara (fever caused by the vitiation of all three doshas).
Ingredients of Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika
- Chukkum/Shunti (Zingiber Officinale) – 1 part
- Tippali/Pippali (Piper longum) – 1 part
- Chenninayakum (Aloe vera) – 1 part
- Kalankompu/Mriga shringa (Deer Horn) – 1 part
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) – 1 part
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum) – 1 part
- Rudraksha (Elaecocarpus serratus) – 1 part
- Kirtatikta (Swertia chirata) – 1 part
- Chenchilyam (Shorea robusta) – 1 part
- Pashana (Arsenic) – 1 part
- Jeernoshanam (old Piper cubeba) – 1 part
- Puzhuku (Civet) – 1 part
- Manohwa (Realgar) – 1 part
- Turisum (Blue vitriol) – 1 part
Drava dravya (liquid materials)
- Stanya (Breast milk/Milk) – Quantity sufficient
- Uzhinza/Indralatha (Cardiospermum helicacabum) – Quality sufficient
- Ajaji (Trachyspermum roxbhurgianum) – Quantity sufficient
Preparation of Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika
All the ingredients are taken in a specified quantity and made into powders then the powders are mixed and pounded with breast milk, juice of indralatha and Ajaji kashaya. When the paste becomes thick the pills are rolled. The pills then dried and stored for use.
Indications of Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika
- Sannipata Jwara (fever caused by the vitiation of all three doshas)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvants
Chukkumthippalyadi Gulika has generally advised 1 to 2 pills once or twice daily or as directed by the physician.
As there are no specific adjuvants mentioned it can be consumed with warm water or as advised by the physician.