Twageladi Choornam – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Twageladi Choornam or Twageladi Churna is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. It is used in treating cough, depletive disorder, breathing difficulties, pain in the flanks, decreases kapha and improves the tone of voice.
Ingredients of Twageladi Choornam
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – 1 part
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) – 2 parts
- Pippali (Piper longum) – 4 parts
- Tugaksheeri (Bambusa bambos) – 8 parts
- Sharkara (Saccharum officinarum) – 16 parts
All the ingredients are taken separately and made powder. Then the powders are taken in a specified quantity and mixed well. This powder is known as Twageladi Choornam can be stored for use
Indications of Twageladi Choornam
- Swarya (Good for voice)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Kshaya (depletive disease)
- Shwasa (Dyspnoea)
- Parshwa Shoola (Pain in the flanks)
- Kapha nashana (decreases of kapha)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvant
It is advised 5 to 10 gms per day in divided doses or as directed by the physician.
This powder is taken along with honey or ghee
- Astanga Hrudaya Chikitsa Stana 5/33-34
These ingredients are also used to prepare leam known as Twageladi Leham or Twageladi Lehyam. It should be prepared according to leha paka procedure.