Sarasija makarandadi Choornam – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Sarasija makarandadi Choornam or Sarasijadi Churnam is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. It is used in all types of uterine bleeding. This powder is used internally along with honey as an adjuvant. It is one of the most used ayurvedic medicine in treating the dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB). It has pitta mitigating quality and also stops the bleeding.
Ingredients of Sarasija makarandadi Choornam
- Sarasija/Kamala (Nelumbo nucifera)
- Makaranda/Chandana (Santalum album)
- Tanduliya (Amaranthus viridis)
- Madhuka/Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Sharkara (sugar)
- Abhiru/Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Tarkshya/Swarna Makshika (Chalcopyrite)
Preparation of Sarasija makarandadi Choornam
All the ingredients are taken in equal quantity and crushed to make powder. Then all are mixed and sieved together and stored for usage.
Indications of Sarasija makarandadi Choornam
- Yoni marga raktasrava (dysfunctional uterine bleeding)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvant
It is advised 3 to 12 gms once or twice daily or as directed by the physician along with honey.