Partharishtam or Partharishta is an ayurvedic alcoholic preparation. It is used in treating cardiac diseases as well as lung diseases. It is also known as Arjunarishta or Arjunarishtam.
The ingredients Partharishtam:
Drava dravya ( liquid material)
- Arjuna/Partha twak (bark of Terminalia arjuna) – 4.8 kg (1 tula)
- Mrudvika (Vitis vinfera) – 2.4 kg (1/2 tula)
- Madhuka (Madhuca indica) – 960 gms (20 pala)
Prakshepa Dravya (powder to be added)
- Dhataki (Woodfodia fruticosa) – 960 g (20 pala)
Madhura Dravya (Sweetening substances)
- Guda (Jaggery) – 4.8 kg (1 tula)
Method of Preparation :
Arjuna bark, Mrudvika, and Madhuka are taken with the specified quantity. To this 4 drona (49.152 liters) of water is added and boiled. This mixture has to boil in mild flame till the liquid portion reaches to 1 drona ie 12.288 liters.
Then the decoction is filtered and transferred to a ghee smeared earthen vessel. To this, the powder of Dhataki flower is added along with the jaggery. Then the vessel is sealed properly and kept for one month. Ater a month time it has to be filtered and used.
The Indications of Partharishtam :
- Hruroga – Cardiac diseases
- Puppusa roga – Lung diseases
- Bala krut – Increases stamina
- Virya krut – Increases vigor
The dose of Partharishtam:
- In general 15 to 30 ml or as directed by the physician.
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali Hrudroga chikitsa prakarana 33/75-77