Arjunarishta or Arjunarishtam is an ayurvedic alcoholic preparation. It is used in treating cardiac diseases as well as lung diseases. It is also known as Parthadyarishta/Parthadyarishtam/Partharishta/Partharishtam
The ingredients Arjunarishta:
Drava dravya ( liquid material)
- Arjuna twak (bark of Terminalia arjuna) – 4.8 kg (1 tula)
- Mrudvika (Vitis vinfera) – 2.4 kg (1/2 tula)
- Madhuka (Madhuca indica) – 960 gms (20 pala)
Prakshepa Dravya (powder to be added)
- Dhataki (Woodfodia fruticosa) – 960 g (20 pala)
Madhura Dravya (Sweetening substances)
- Guda (Jaggery) – 4.8 kg (1 tula)
Method of Preparation :
Arjuna bark, Mrudvika, and Madhuka are taken with the specified quantity. To this 4 drona (49.152 liters) of water is added and boiled. This mixture has to boil in mild flame till the liquid portion reaches to 1 drona ie 12.288 liters.
Then the decoction is filtered and transferred to a ghee smeared earthen vessel. To this, the powder of Dhataki flower is added along with the jaggery. Then the vessel is sealed properly and kept for one month. Ater a month time it has to be filtered and used.
The Indications of Arjunarishta :
- Hruroga – Cardiac diseases
- Puppusa roga – Lung diseases
- Bala krut – Increases stamina
- Virya krut – Increases vigor
The dose of Arjunarishta:
- In general 15 to 30 ml or as directed by the physician.
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali Hrudroga chikitsa prakarana 33/75-77