Karpoorasava or Karpoorasavam is an ayurvedic alcoholic preparation. It is also known as Karpurasava pr Karpurasavam. It is used in treating digestive disorder specifically Visuchika.
Ingredients of Karpoorasava
Drava Dravya (liquid material)
- Prasanna (supernatant clear portion of alcoholic preparation/rectified spirit) – 1 tula (4.800 liters)
Prakshepaka Dravya (Powders to be added)
- Karpoora (Cinnamomum camphora) – 8 pala (384 gms)
- Sukshma Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) – 1 pala (48 gms)
- Ghana/Musta (Cyperus rotundus) – 1 pala (48 gms)
- Shrungavera/Shunti (Zingiber officinale) – 1 pala (48 gms)
- Yamani/Ajamoda (Trachyspermum ammi) – 1 pala (48 gms)
- Vellaja/Maricha (Piper nigrum) – 1 pala (48 gms)
Preparation of Karpoorasava:
All the ingredients are mixed together in an earthen vessel and sealed properly. This vessel has to be kept in an airtight place. After a month the vessel has to be opened and ingredients are filtered to use.
Indication of Karpoorasava:
- Visuchika – ? cholera
- Anya Vividha Vikara – Other gastrointestinal diseases.
Dose of Karpoorasava :
- As it is prepared directly from rectified spirit one has to be very cautious while administration.
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali Agnimandya chikitsa prakarana 10/296-297
- Sahasra Yoga