Guluchyadi Kashayam – Ingredients, Uses, and Dosage
Guluchyadi Kashayam or Guluchyadi Kashaya is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of decoction. It is used in treating pitta predominant diseases, kapha predominant diseases, fever, vomiting, burning sensation, thirst and also increases the digestive fire.
Ingredients of Guluchyadi Kashayam
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – 1 part
- Padmaka (Prunus cerasoides) – 1 part
- Arista (Azadirachta indica) – 1 part
- Dhanyaka(Coriandrum sativum) – 1 part
- Raktachandana (Pterocarpus santalinus) – 1 part
Preparation of Guluchyadi Kashayam
All the ingredients are taken in equal quantity and crushed into pieces. The crushed herbs are mixed with eight times of water and boiled to prepare the decoction. Once the water content is reduced to 0nef fourth the decoction is filtered and used.
Indications of Guluchyadi Kashayam
- Pittaja roga (pitta predominant diseases)
- Kaphaja roga (kapha predominant diseases)
- Jwara (fever)
- Vamana (vomiting)
- Daha (burning sensation)
- Trishna (thirstiness)
- Agnikrit (increases digestive power)
Adjuvant and Dosage
Guluchyadi Kashayam has advised 15 to 30 ml with three times of water once or twice daily or as advised by the physician.
- Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra Stana 15/16