Ingredients preparation and uses of Guda Pippali
Gudapippali or Guda Pippali is an Ayurvedic lehyam (jam) preparation. It is used in treating splenic diseases, liver diseses, all types of abdominal tumors (gulma), all varieties of udara, old fevers, swelling, edema, all types of cough etc….It is said that Ashwini kumars (Gods physicians) have formulated this combination for the benefits of children.
Ingredients of Guda Pippali
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Trayushana – 1 tola (12 gms)
1. Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
2. Maricha(Piper nigrum)
3. Pippali(Piper longum)
- Kusta (Saussurea lappa) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Hingu (Ferula assa-foetida) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Lavana panchaka – 1 tola (12 gms)
1. Saindhava (Chloride of Sodium)
2. Samudra Lavana (Sodi muris)
3. Sauvarcha lavana(Unaqua Sodium Chloride)
4. Romaka lavana (Sambhar Salt)
5. Bida Lavana (Ammonium Salt)
- Trikashara – 1 tola (12 gms)
1. Yavakshara (Hordeum vulgare)
2. Sarja Kshara (Sodium carbonate)
3. Tankana (Borax) Kshara
- Phenaka/Samudra phena (Cuttlefish bone) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Vahni/Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Shreyasi/Gajapippali (Scindapsus officinalis) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Upakunchika/Krishna jeera (Nigella sativa) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Taala pushpa kshara (Borassus flabellifer) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Kushmanda lata kshara (Benincasa hispida)- 1 tola (12 gms)
- Apamarga kshara ( Achyranthes aspera) – 1 tola (12 gms)
- Chincha kshara (Tamarindus indica) – 1 t0ola (12 gms)
- Pippali (Piper longum) – 22 tola (264 gms)
- Guda/Jaggery (Saccharum officinarum) – 46 tola (552 gms)
Preparation of Guda Pippali
All the ingredients are taken in specified quantity. These ingredients are mixed thoroughly and the laddus are prepared with the extent measuring 1/2 tola, ie, 6gms.
How to use Guda pippali?
One ball of guda pippali should be taken along with hot water per day.
Indications of Guda Pippali
- Pliha roga
- Yakrut roga
- Pancha Gulma
- Sarva Udara
- Jeerana Jwara
- Pancha kasa
Dosage of Guda Pippali
It is advised to take 1/2 tola ie; 6gms/day or as directed by the physician.
- Hot Water is advised as an adjuvant.
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali – Plihayakrud roga chikitsa 41/53-57