Dhathryarishta or Dhathryarishtam is an ayurvedic alcoholic preparation. Dhathryarishta is used in treating diseases like Jaundice, Anemia, heart diseases, Gout, irregular fever, Cough, hiccups, anorexia, Asthma or breathing difficulties etc….
Ingredients of Dhathryarishta
Kwatha dravyas (materials for decoction)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – 2000 fruits
- Sharkara (Sugar candy) – 2.4 kg
- Madhu (Honey) – 1/8th of Amalaki swarasa (gooseberry juice)
Prakshepaka dravyas (powders to be added)
- Pippali (Piper longum) – 96 grams
Method of Preparation
2000 fruits of Amalaki should be crushed and their juice should be extracted. To this, Honey, Pippali, and sharkara should be added. It should be kept in a ghee smeared earthen jar for one fortnight. It should be taken in appropriate dose in the morning.
Indications of Dhathryarishta:
- Kamala (Jaundice)
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Hrudroga (Heart diseases)
- Vata rakta (Gout)
- Vishama jwara (Irregular fever)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Hikka (Hiccups)
- Aruchi (Anorexia)
- Shwasa (Asthma)
Dose of Dhathryarishta
- 15 – 30 ml or as directed by the physician.
- Charaka chikitsa 16/ 111-113 Pandu chikitsa