Amrutadi Thailam or Amrutadi Thaila is an ayurvedic oil preparation. It is used in treating diseases of the head and pitta predominant diseases.
Ingredients of Amrutadi Thailam:
Sneha Dravya (Oil material)
- Thila Thaila (sesame oil) – 1 prastha
Drava Dravya (Liquid material)
- Guduchi/Amruta kwatha – 1 prastha
Kalka dravya (materials for making paste)
- Chandana (Santalum album) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Abda/Mushta (Cyperus rotundus) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Dhatri/Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Utpala (Nymphaea alba) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
- Taskara/Kacchora (Hedychium spicatum) – 1/2 pala (24gms)
Amrutadi Thailam preparation:
First, the decoction of Amruta is prepared. Then all the other ingredients are mixed together to prepare thaila.
Indications of Amrutadi Thailam:
- Vatarakta – Gouty Arthritis, Joint pains
- Shiro Gada – Pittpredominantnt Headaches
- Raktapitta – Bleeding disorders
Mode of use :
- Amrutadi Thailam is used as external application.
- Sahasra yoga thaila Prakarana