Hingwastaka Choorna or Hingvastak Churna is also known as Ashta Choorna. It is an ayurvedic medicinal preparation in the form of powder. This is one of the commonly used powders in treating digestive problems like indigestion, loss of appetite, etc….Its administered along with ghee.
Ingredients of Hingwastaka Choorna:
1. Pippali (Piper longum)
2. Maricha (Piper nigrum)
3. Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermum ammi)
- Saindhava (Rock Salt)
- Jeeraka Dwaya
1. Shweta Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum)
2. Krishna Jeeraka (Carum carvi)
- Ghruta brusta Hingu (ghee fried Ferula assafoetida)
Preparation of Hingwastaka Choorna
All the ingredients are taken in equal quantity and crushed and made powder separately. Then all the powders are mixed together and stored for use.
Indications of Hingwastaka Choorna:
- Agnimandya (decreased digestive capacity)
- Vataja Gulma (Vata predominant abdominal tumors)
Mode of use, Dosage, and Adjuvant :
The general dosage is 3 to 12 gms once or twice daily or as directed by the physician.
Hingwastaka Choorna has to be administered internally along with the first morsel of food with Ghee (Clarified butter).
- Astanga hrudaya chikitsa sthana 14/35
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali Agnimandyadhikara